Gail's Raw Temptations

Raw Lemon Bars




My recipes are always inspired by what ever is sitting in my fruit bowl or the fridge.I find it good for the mind to be able to develop a new recipe from what I have available around me.

Last weekend I had bought a bag of organic lemons from the fresh food market,and had not used them all and as it is market day again tomorrow I thought I must use these lemons before market day .  My lemon bars  recipe came from the panic of thinking how will I use up  all of these lemons.
I would usually look at making a raw cheesecake or even a raw cake, but have decided on raw lemon bars.
So happy they turned out great and with the lovely strawberry jam, they are really scrumptious and full of flavor.

I was going to make a raspberry jam to go on the base but only had strawberries in the fridge so made a strawberry jam to add a bit more zing.
The jam is very easy to make just a cup strawberries and another half a cup, 3 tbsp chia seeds and 2 tbsp coconut nectar or use the sweetener of your choice, or you could use raspberries.

I always cut up my bars and then keep them in a freezer proof container and take out as needed.
So if you are looking for a nice simple tasty bar try these they are well worth it and simple to make.....



Base

1 cup almond meal
11/2 cups coconut
1 cup medjool dates pitted
1/8th tsp sea salt

Process all together until mixture becomes sticky
 you may
need to add a tsp or two water to mixture
press into your prepared tin and place in fridge while you make the jam

Strawberry Jam 

11/2 cups fresh strawberries or you could use frozen but thaw first
3 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp coconut nectar

Blend all together in your blender until jam looks smooth
Sit in the fridge for 5 mins to allow the chia seeds to gel 
then pour onto the base and place back in the fridge

Lemon Coconut topping

11/2 cups cashews soaked for 2 hrs
1 cup coconut
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lecithin powder
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
1/8 tsp sea salt

In your blender blend all ingredients except lecithin and coconut oil
until smooth then add lecithin and coconut oil and blend until mixed through
Pour onto the set jam and place in the freezer until set
Decorate with coconut and lemon zest and cut as you wish

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment