Gail's Raw Temptations

Portobello Mushroom Hamburger


When you live in a very hot climate you are always looking for nice easy light meals, and for me mostly raw.

After a morning at the fresh food markets and a basket so full of organic fresh fruit and vegetables, and as I started to pack the food into the fridge. I came across the lovely big Portobello Mushrooms and I suddenly had an idea that I would stuff them full of goodness and have them for tea, but once I got them out to prepare I had another idea why not make a hamburger.
First I took the stalk out of the bottom of the mushroom then I suddenly had a brain wave why not cut the top of and make a hamburger, so that is what I did.
First I made a marinade to coat the mushroom, I left this on for about 15min
Then it was time to heat them.

I used a dehydrator for 11/2 hrs and had the mushroom at a tempeture of 45c or 115F  this worked well for me but if you would like to cook the mushroom over very low heat in a fry pan for a few minutes you can.
Once they are heated through you start to add your filling ,once done you had the top of mushroom then you have your hamburger.

Now enjoy

 

Marinade
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp tamari
garlic I used garlic paste 1/2 tsp
black pepper

Filling
1 cup snow pea tendrils
1 tomato
1/2 avocado
1/4 cup grated organic carrot
1/4 sliced red pepper

First of all paste the mushroom with marinade and leave for 15 min
then heat as you wish I used my dehydrator
When warm add your filling, I put tendrils on first then added tomato and carrot
then added avocado  and peppers, then I  put some pepper on and a dash sea salt
topped with more tendrils and then mushroom top
and there is your hamburger

Enjoy

2 comments: