Gail's Raw Temptations

Raw Strawberry Shortcake



This is a recipe I made last year but never posted, because I forgot, I was that busy developing recipes for my cookbooks I let my blog slip sorry.
Strawberry recipes always look so dam good as the strawberry stands out and makes the recipe nice and vibrant, and most people love strawberries although this recipe is a bit dainty looking.
We live in a sub tropical climate so berries are the thing so fresh light and tasty.
I wanted a simple recipe one that can be whipped up easy.
I made this in a loaf tin, that is how I got the height, but a small spring form tin would work as well.

Base
1 cup macadamias 
1 cup coconut 
8 medjool dates
1/8 tsp sea salt

Filling
11/2 cups cashews soaked for 2 hrs
1 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup light agave nectar or sweetener of your choice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
1/2 cup coconut oil melted 
11/2 tablespoons lecithin powder optional
 1/2 cups strawberries

Assembly
Base
In your food processor process all ingredients together
once mixture comes together press into prepared tin
Over the top of base add some sliced strawberries set aside
while you make filling

Filling
In your blender add all ingredients except the coconut oil and strawberries
 blend until nice and smooth slowly add coconut oil and blend until just mixed through then half the mixture, pour first half  onto the base set in freezer, while setting, add the strawberries to second half blend through and when bottom layer set add the pink layer, when the pink is set decorate  with fresh strawberries and some coconut cream.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment