Gail's Raw Temptations

Quinoa Chia Breakfast Pot

                                                         

First of all this recipe is not raw,  but it was a nice clean eating recipe, which  I had to post to share.

I am passionate about clean eating, not every one can eat raw but if we can make small changes then every little bit helps, and this is why I have posted this recipe on my website, after making this for my husband who loved the pots, then I had to share.

I had not used quinoa flakes before and so set out do do an interesting breakfast pot, something a bit different and with lots of flavor.
I used  almond milk which I had made myself and had plenty left to make this recipe.I wanted a nice topping to go on top of the flakes, and came up with the medjool dates, cinnamon, LSA  banana and cacao powder, it tasted so yummy and just finished the pot off.

This is so tasty and healthy, and a real hit with visitors....and to finish  top with fresh berries. Enjoy


2 cups  almond milk
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tsp cinnamon
3 or 4 drops stevia
1/8 tsp sea salt

Topping 
1 tbsp coconut Oil
1 banana
3 medjool dates
2 tsp cacao powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp LSA

Bring 2 cups almond milk to the boil add quinoa and simmer 90 seconds.

Allow to cool then add vanilla, stevia, cinnamon and sea salt.

You might like to keep tasting and add more stevia or cinnamon depending on your own taste buds,but this is what worked for me.

3/4 fill your pots,I made 4 and then put in fridge

Topping

Put coconut oil in pan on low heat,place banana and chopped 
dates in and cook for a few moments then add cacao, cinnamon and LSA and toss through banana and dates,when all tossed pour on top of pots and allow to cool in the fridge.
I left mine over night.


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment