Gail's Raw Temptations

Vegan Banana and Blueberry Muffins



I always said that I would not get into the cooking side of my recipes, but here we go I did and are really enjoying developing a few vegan gluten free ones.
I made these one day a couple of weeks ago just on a wim, I was so delighted with them I had to share.
I thought I could make them using ingredients that I use in my raw recipes, and it worked, they where moist and full of flavor, I was so excited I made some Lemon Lime ones and are so happy with those they will be in my third book which will feature a cooked vegan section.
For this recipe I got six large muffins.
I added a chia egg to the recipe...

Mixture
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup gluten free flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
3/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 chia egg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large ripe banana
1/2 cup blueberries

Chia Egg
1 tablespoon chia seeds soaked in 3 tablespoons water
once gel forms you have your egg



Mix all the ingredients together, except blueberries with a wooden spoon
do not over mix, add blueberries and just stir through
Heat oven to 375 degrees and cook 25-30 minutes
I used a spoon of coconut cream on top but optional

No comments:

Post a Comment