Gail's Raw Temptations

Carrot Cake Bliss Balls

I just love these Carrot Cake Bliss Balls, they so mimic a cooked version of carrot cake, and are just so quick and easy to make.

These are going to be in my next book but thought I would share with everyone.I  sometimes  add a tablespoon of protein powder, but not shown in this recipe.

My husband Dave and I have always been active, running many marathons all around the world and also mountain biking and I have always followed a plant based diet, because of the energy it gives us. I was eating like this back in New Zealand in the 80s, and  have many healthy energy recipes developed over the years to share with everyone.
 All you need for these balls is a food processor.



Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
3/4 cup walnuts
3 small carrots
8 pitted medjool dates
2 cups organic unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/8th teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Extra coconut to roll balls in

Chop up carrots and put in food processor along with all other ingredients except the raisins, once mixture comes together add raisins mix through by hand.
Roll into balls, roll in extra coconut then set 2 hrs in the fridge.
Keep in a airtight container in fridge
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment