Gail's Raw Temptations

Gooey Dream Bars



Last time I made a caramel slice it proved very popular,and was shared many times.

This time I thought I would try another recipe  using peanut butter.I made my own peanut butter by blending together in my high powered blender,2 cups raw peanuts with 2 tbsps peanut oil and pinch sea salt(optional).

Every time I make a caramel slice it vanishes almost straight away.
I think every one likes a caramel slice,especially one that so mimics the sugar butter version.

I have used the same base as my other recipe but the caramel is different really gooey and yummy.
It stays nice and firm if kept in the fridge,and I also keep some in the freezer and get out as needed then sit in the fridge if there is any left for me to do that..






Base
11/2 cups pecans
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1 tsp vanilla

Gooey Caramel
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp tahini
1/4 cup coconut nectar(or sweetener of your choice)
1/2 cup coconut oil(melted)
6 medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla

Chocolate Topping
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut nectar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla

Assembly
Base
In food processor process all ingredients together
until mixture comes together
Press into prepared tin and place in fridge while making caramel

Gooey Caramel
In high powered blender mix all ingredients together until smooth
pour onto base and place in freezer.

Chocolate topping

Process together in blender all chocolate topping ingredients
blend until smooth them place on top of set caramel
Set in fridge

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment