Gail's Raw Temptations

Walnut Chia and Flaxseed Bars


I always make bliss balls and keep  in a jar in the fridge so I can grab one when I feel like something to nibble on or a wee snack during the day.

I have recently bought a tin for bars so made my mixture into bars, they are super yummy, and very easy to make.
You can use a loaf tin as well to make these if you do not have bar or slice tin.

I was given a bag of vegan chocolate chips and added 1/4 cup to try, they worked well but I think I still like my cacao nibs better, and have also used  them since  in another batch of bars.

Ingredients
 1 3/4 cups pitted medjool dates
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 1/2 cups walnuts
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut unsweetened
1 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or cacao nibs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt



In your processor process walnuts until chopped up, add dates and process some more, then add all other ingredients. once all processed together press into prepared tin and set in fridge.
Top as you wish using melted chocolate chips or cacao nibs and a sprinkle of coconut.
Once set add topping then slice Keep in fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment